CALL FOR PAPERS: Workshop on Wordnets and Word Embeddings
January 11, 2018, Singapore
organized as part of the 9th Global Wordnet Conference, Singapore, hosted by Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
Conference venue: the School of Humanities at Nanyang Technological University.
Workshop Organizers: Francis Bond, Christiane Fellbaum, Erhard Hinrichs, and Mikhail Khodak
Conference website: http://compling.hss.ntu.edu.sg/events/2018-gwc/
For this workshop, we invite papers addressing the topics listed, but not limited to, the ones below:
- the use of word embeddings for semi-automatic induction of semantic relations for wordnets
- the use of wordnet senses for refining word embeddings
- the use of wordnet data for evaluating word embedding algorithms and word embedding data
- enriching word synsets with word embedding information
- the use of semantic vectors for modifying sense representations, such as synset membership
Presentations will fall into one of the following categories:
- long papers (30 mins)
- short papers (15 mins)
Submissions should be anonymous and will have to state one of the preferred categories. Acceptance may be subject to changes in the category of the presentation, e.g. a long paper submission may be accepted as a short paper. All contributions accepted for the workshop will be published in the conference proceedings of the 9th Global Wordnet Conference.
Authors are asked to submit extended abstracts of their paper of no less than 3000 words (references excluded). Papers need to be submitted to the EasyChair website for the workshop:
Easy Chair site: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wwwe2018
The format of the abstract and of the final paper is in ACL format (PDF):
ACL 2010 paper formats: http://acl2010.org/authors_final.html
The deadline for submissions of extended abstracts is October 15, 2017. Decisions regarding acceptance will be announced to the authors by end of October. Final papers are due on November 30, 2017.
Important note: Inclusion of accepted submissions into the final program and the proceedings is contingent upon at least one author's registration for the 9th Global Wordnet Conference. Late registration and on site registration for participants is possible without inclusion of the paper and without presentation.
- October 15, 2017 Deadline for submission of abstracts
- October 31, 2017 Notification of acceptance
- November 30, 2017 Final papers due
- October 15, 2017 Registration for GWC 2018 opens
- November 25, 2017 Registration closes for author(s) of papers to be included in the proceedings
- January 8-12, 2018 GWA 2018 Conference
- January 11 Workshop on Wordnets and Word Embeddings as part of the GWC 2018 conference program